The Buell Foundation is a professional philanthropic organization supporting the positive development of children through grants and partnerships with other sectors of our community. The Foundation focuses primarily on the state of Colorado and concentrates its grantmaking on programs that benefit children.
All children, youth, and families will fulfill their greatest potential.
We fulfill our mission and vision by staying true to five guiding values:
- Accountability – We establish clear standards and share them with our partners.
- Accessibility – We share information with grantees, grant seekers, other funders, government, business, and the public.
- Excellence – We develop internal systems that are accurate and use resources wisely to support grant programs.
- Flexibility – We recognize public policies and funding sources affecting not-for-profits working with children, youth and families. We consider changing conditions. We accept risk. We balance process and outcomes. We are open to creative and innovative ideas.
- Altruism – We appreciate philanthropic work as a privilege and responsibility to the public good.