All requests of the Buell Foundation must be consistent with our mission and guidelines. We anticipate the number of proposals received and dollars requested will exceed our available resources. We thank grant seekers in advance for the work put into the proposals. We learn from each one, regardless of our ability to fund.
We accept the Colorado Common Grant Application (CGA – see below). Send one (1) copy of the application with attachments as described on the CGA checklist. Please do not bind the application.
Child Care Centers and Preschools: In addition to the Colorado Common Grant, please submit your most recent child care license, quality rating scores (e.g. Colorado Shines, NAEYC, or ERS) and the Buell Foundation Child Center Worksheet. Unlicensed centers are not eligible to apply.
NOTE: For the May 15, 2020 deadline, applications should be emailed to Norah Lovato at firstname.lastname@example.org. Guidance about submitting your application by email can be found here.
Please mail or deliver applications (and note our new address):
Grant Review Committee
1873 S. Bellaire Street, Suite 600
Denver, CO 80222
- Applications must be received (not postmarked) no later than 5:00 p.m. on the deadline date.
- If your organization is currently funded by the Foundation, an interim or final report is required. Please contact your program officer if you have questions.
- Applications for school-year-only programs will not be accepted for the May deadline. As part of our review process, we typically conduct site visits. We are unable to complete this important part of our process if your program is closed for the summer.
- Organizations are limited to one grant request in any 12-month period (e.g., if a proposal is submitted for the May deadline, an organization is first eligible to reapply the following May).
- Final grant decisions are made and grants are paid approximately four months after each deadline. We are unable to respond to emergency funding needs.
Due to our small staff, it is not feasible for us to meet personally with grant seekers before an application is submitted. Grant seekers are encouraged to call with any questions.
The Buell Foundation accepts the Colorado Common Grant Application, which can be accessed at http://crcamerica.org/common-grant-forms/. We highly recommend reading the CGA User’s Guides that can be found at this same link.