The Buell Foundation is accepting applications online for the January 17, 2023 deadline.
Organizations may register in the online system here. Once your account is created, you will be able to complete your application.
Click here to access the grant application.
We offer a variety of resources to help navigate the new online application:
Click here for the online application help guide.
Click here to view a webinar for an overview of the online application.
The following funding changes are effective beginning January 2023:
- Applications for child care centers that serve fewer than 15% enrollment of low-income families will no longer be considered. The Foundation’s definitions for low-income by county can be found here.
- Applications for organizations that have operating reserves greater than nine months will no longer be considered. Operating reserves are generally calculated by dividing net current assets into annual operating budget.
- Given budgetary restrictions following recent changes, we anticipate a more competitive selection process for capital applications. At this time, the Foundation is only considering capital projects for licensed child care facilities, with priority given to those focused on expanding or creating new capacity.
- The Foundation will no longer be considering requests for capital projects in our January and May application cycles. All applications for capital projects must be submitted in our September cycle.
Virtual Office Hours for Online Application Help
The Foundation will host Zoom office hours in December and January to answer questions about submitting your application in the new system. These office hours are open to all grantees for questions related to using the online application system, including how to create an account, start an application, upload files, etc.
- December 20 – 11 am
- January 5 – 9:30 am
- January 10 – 3 pm
- Join Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/4374411099
- Meeting ID: 437 441 1099
- Dial In: +1 669 444 9171
There is no need to register in advance. Simply click the link above at the time of the meeting. It is a drop-in/drop-off meeting. Applicants do not need to commit to the full half-hour. For security purposes we set up a waiting room that you will be directed to when you click the link. Please wait for one of our team members to let you in. It may take us a few minutes to get everyone admitted.
All requests of the Buell Foundation must be consistent with our mission and guidelines. We anticipate the number of proposals received and dollars requested will exceed our available resources. We thank grant seekers in advance for the work put into the proposals. We learn from each one, regardless of our ability to fund.
The Buell grant application continues to be representative of the Colorado Common Grant Application, but also includes new questions that have been asked through alternative methods in the past (such as the child care worksheet or interim report). Please visit the links below to preview the application, including a complete list of information needed to complete your application.
Please contact your Program Officer or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to submit your application online.
- Applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on the deadline date.
- Applications for school-year-only programs will not be accepted for the May deadline. As part of our review process, we typically conduct site visits. We are unable to complete this important part of our process if your program is closed for the summer.
- Organizations are limited to one grant request in any 12-month period (e.g., if a proposal is submitted for the May deadline, an organization is first eligible to reapply the following May).
- Final grant decisions are made and grants are paid approximately four months after each deadline. We are unable to respond to emergency funding needs.
Due to our small staff, it is not feasible for us to meet personally with grant seekers before an application is submitted. Grant seekers are encouraged to call with any questions.