In March 2018, the Buell Foundation announced new funding priorities for early childhood councils, along with a new timeline and application. Please review the information below and feel free to call or email one of our Program Officers if you have additional questions.
Please note that all applications from early childhood councils will be due at the May 1st deadline (May 1, 2023). Use the online portal to apply; a unique link was emailed to council members on March 15, 2023.
- Application is due by the May 1, 2023 deadline. Please reach out to the Buell Foundation if you did not receive the email with a unique link to the online application.
- Future applications will continue to be due at the May 1 deadline.
- Approved grants will have a grant period of 9/1 – 8/30 of the following year, with an interim report due at time of reapplication in May and a final report due September 30.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How much funding can we ask for?
Can we apply for all areas?
What does “systems building” mean?
We have used the legislation that created the councils to define systems building, and that is what makes up the matrix portion of your application. The key components follow:
- Sustainability and Internal Capacity of the Council
- Council Governance
- Strategic Planning
- Resource Development (THBF will not fund a grant writer)
- Fiscal Management
- Strategic Partnerships
- Public Engagement
Will the Buell Foundation cover indirect costs?
What falls outside of the defined funding areas of this application?
The ONLY type of request that falls outside of this application is Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation. All consultation grants are considered together during our January deadline each year. If you have questions about this, please reach out to Stacy Howard at email@example.com.
All of your efforts (systems building, professional development, quality improvement, increasing access to services and any direct services) should be included in this request.